WHAT CAN PARENTS DO TO MAKE THEGAME OF SOCCER MORE ENJOYABLE FOR THEIR CHILDREN..AND OTHER PEOPLE’S KIDS, TOO?
- Be respectful; expect your own children to be respectful.
- Encourage fair play at home.
- Be supportive, i.e. be sure the player attends practices; pick him/her up on time.
- Attend games.
- Be positive or quiet at games.
- Be knowledgeable of the game.
- Focus on good nutrition.
- Volunteer to help the coach.
- Become a referee.
- Play the game of soccer.
- Be calm and have good manners.
- Support the coach’s and referee’s decisions.
- Encourage communication between coach and parent.
- Ask your own children to describe his/her role, what new skills have been learned.
- Watch practices; focus on new strategies.
- Find soccer videos, watch them with children.
- Concentrate on praising other people’s children during games.
- Read newspaper articles about older soccer player’s successes; provide models for your own children.
- And Remember to Have fun !! We are all here for the kids.
6 tips to make youth soccer better for parents and players (Click for more)